Silicone, silicone, silicone. It’s everywhere, from cupcake pans to spatulas, but where does it really make a difference? The main reason silicone is used in the kitchen is that it is heat resistant. The good news is that having flexible baking pans and cooking spoons means no more wasted, stuck brownies or melted spatulas, but silicone has so much more potential than that!
To my delight, (my boyfriend just burned his hands making quesadillas yesterday) the material is now being used for cooking gloves.My favorite gloves come from Love This Kitchen’s amazon shop. It has been featured on the blogs of ABC, NBC,FOX and CBS.
“Love This Kitchen specializes in stylish,modern cookware. This brand is dedicated to the development of high-quality cookware that is pretty while remaining practical for everyday use, made using the best materials and latest technology available today.”
- Ultra-flexible, premium FDA approved silicone. Yes, yes, you can BEND your hands.
- Nonstick surface is 100% waterproof, stain-free & dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. They won’t mold, mildew or harbor bacteria like cloth gloves.
- Heat-resistant up to 442 degrees F
- Come in an attractive box & they ship fast – direct from Amazon’s warehouses all across the country.
- They’re cute. I don’t need to explain that one. I just like the way they look, both on my hands and on my counter top. They make perfect gifts.
- They come in different sizes and 4 colors.
To purchase them (or read the full details,) click here.
While the women’s gloves may be the main event for me, there are also:
Men’s BBQ Gloves, Love This Kitchen Grillmaster Professional Series. (Which my boyfriend should have used while making quesadillas)
These have the same basic properties as the women’s gloves, but they are also longer on the wrists to protect your forearms too. Get them here
Premium Multipurpose Silicone Tool
Aka: a thick, flexible potholder that also works as a
- spoon rest
- large coaster
- jar opener
They have similar properties as the gloves, so they are super heat resistant and will protect your hands and tabletops. Get them here.